“The NH90 meets the needs of a modern military customer”
The NH90 is designed against a NATO staff requirement for a multi-role, medium sized military helicopter that provides the benefits of fleet standardisation for both land and maritime operations.
The NH90 design basis
- Design Standard against FAR 29 and MIL-STDS.
- Airworthiness system in accordance with the military processes for Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands.
- Flight envelope from sea level to 6,000 metres (20,000 ft).
- Temperature range from -40° C to +50 C°.
- Operation in continuous icing conditions in accordance with DEF-STN 00-970.
- Operation in all weather - day and night.
- Operation at sea and from ship in high sea states.
- Operation from unprepared landing and sloped surfaces.
- Operation with armed systems.
- Mission system in accordance with MIL-STD 1553 with a dual redundant databus.
- Multi redundant fly-by-wire flight control system.
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and resistance to Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI).