“NH90 NFH has a comprehensive
mission system that is all-in-one”
The mission system in the NH90 NFH is an all-in-one system that allows autonomous and joint ASW, ASuW and SAR operations without role change. It comprises a comprehensive sensor, voice and data communication and weapons system which uses data fusion techniques to aid information presentation and decision making. This enables a 3 crew concept or when necessary, a second mission console for a crew of 4 can be role fitted. The system is versatile and both mission and cockpit screens can display mission data. This benefits both operational and training scenarios.
- NFH Mission tactical control system.
- Mission consoles (single or dual).
- Tactical 360° radar capable of multiple track while scan, auto initialisation and ISAR (Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar).
- Tactical FLIR interfaced with radar and navigation system.
- Dipping sonar capable of Low Frequency Continuous Wave and Frequency Modulation.
- Sonobuoys storage, launch and processing system.
- Electronic Warfare System including ESM and Countermeasures System.
- IFF Interrogator.
- Data Link 11.
- Digital Map Generator system.
- Light Stores Dispenser.
- ASW or ASuW Weapons.
- 2 x Anti-Ship Missiles (Marte Mk2/S).
- 2 x Torpedoes (MU90, Mk46 or Stingray).
- Mixed configuration.